5 October 2012

* Fudgy Coconut Brownies

Fudgy Coconut Brownies
I've made these a couple of times now, and they don't tend to linger in the cake tin. I confess, that if left alone with them - it's me that polishes them off. But you already knew that.

If you're on a diet, these are absolutely perfect... to completely screw it up. If you want to derail your good intentions and cry when you get on the scales on Monday morning, These will help. I'm just saying.

Having said all of that - one won't hurt. Two if you jog.

I don't jog.

You can use a swiss roll tin or a square cake tin to make these, but they are far more gooey and nommy when baked in a square tin. You also have to have the patience of a saint, because if you even attempt to remove the brownie from the tin, before it has cooled - you will end up with a soggy, if delicious mess.

Yes - I have done this (well of course I have, or how would I know?).

No - I didn't tell anyone.

...I ate the evidence.

All of it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
Makes 16 deep bars when baked in a square tin.

Prep time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 50 minutes

You will need
A saucepan
21cm square tin
baking parchment

Ingredients
100g cocoa
250g butter
500g golden caster sugar
4 eggs - beaten
100g self raising flour
100g dessicated coconut

Method
Pre heat oven to 180c/160c/350f/gas4

Grease the cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.


In the saucepan, melt the butter, cocoa and sugar together over a very gentle heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.


Once cooled, beat in the eggs, a little at a time. Then add the flour and coconut and fold in until fully combined, with no white bits of flour or coconut in  evidence. Pour into the tin and bake for 30 minutes. Place a piece of baking parchment over the top of the brownie for the final 15 - 20 minutes, to prevent the top from burning.



Allow to completely cool in tin, before turning out and cutting into 16 deep squares and scoffing your face.


Heh. Cooks treat.

Barely adapted from BBC Good Food Magazine

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to read my recipes (and ramblings). I love it when you let me know what you think - so please leave a comment and I promise to take the time to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...