4 March 2013

* Chicken, Tomato and Pasta Soup

Chicken, Tomato and Pasta Soup
This Chicken, Tomato and Pasta Soup has been a life saver over the weekend... I shall explain...

We had a girly night in, at a friends house on Saturday night... there was MUCH wine, MUCH Chilli, MUCH chips and dips and MUCH competitive dancing on the Wii. I won every time I danced, because I know how to shake my thang. Really. I do.

What I don't know - is how to turn down another glass of wine. The words "No" and "Thankyou" disappear completely from my vocabulary, about halfway down the first glass. Which is when other words suddenly take a leading role. Mostly swear words. My sentences are peppered with blue language when sober, they are positively drenched when I'm not. Which is NOT FUN when in polite company, but seeing as I wasn't (in polite company), it was fine. If slightly blethering idiot.

Still. I won the dance off.

It was worth the hangover.

Which brings me back to the soup...(niiiiiice segway, Abs *pats self on back*)... I knew - with absolute clarity on Friday - that I would not want to do more than veg out, on Sunday - so I made this soup.

It was sustenance.

It was delicious.

I am SMRT.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
Serves 4

Prep time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 45 minutes

You will need
A medium saucepan with lid

Ingredients
5 sprays Fry Light or 1 tbsp olive oil
2 carrots - peeled and diced
1 stick celery - diced
1 onion - diced
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 red pepper
4 closed cup mushrooms
5oz/150g cooked chicken breast - diced
14oz/400g can chopped tomatoes
28 fl oz/800ml chicken stock
4.5 fl oz/125ml white wine
2.5oz/70g frozen sweetcorn (or tinned)
salt and pepper
2oz/50g tiny (dried) pasta shells
Celery tops (optional)

Method
Place the pan over a low heat and spray with fry light (or add olive oil), throw in the carrots, celery and onion and herbs, pop the lid on and cook gently for 5 minutes until vegetables begin to soften. Add the red pepper and mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes before adding the cooked chicken.


Give it all a good stir, cook for a minute then add the can of tomatoes, stock, wine, and sweetcorn - season with salt and pepper then pop the lid back on - bring to a boil then drop to a simmer for 20 minutes.


Add the pasta shells, cook for another 15 minutes then serve garnished with a celery top.

EAT



4 propoints per serving if using fry light, 5 propoints if using olive oil

3 comments :

  1. I cooked this for lunch today. Wasn't sure about putting mushrooms in it but it really worked.

    We had ours with a bit of grated cheese on the top. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I wasn't sure about using mushrooms either, but they needed using up so I stuck 'em in and crossed my fingers!

      I had mine with cheese too. I have everything with cheese... and mayonnaise. I think mayo would have been a step too far here though, even for me ;)

      Delete
  2. It's really a healthy soup to give a try soon.. :) I think this soup will satisfy my taste buds as you had added my favorite ingredients into this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to read my recipes (and ramblings). I love it when you let me know what you think - so please leave a comment and I promise to take the time to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...