20 August 2012

* Easy Parmesan Chicken

Parmesan Chicken Recipe
So... the Smoked Haddock Chowder would have done a superb job of lining my stomach for the ensuing vodkafest... if only I hadn't been pouring my own measures.

When you've had a little drinkypoo or ten, making sure you only put a little bit of vodka in the bottom of your glass, becomes a very difficult thing to prioritise. By drink number 4 or 5, I was pouring out quadruple measures (possibly more) and wondering why everything was slightly tilted.

Everything wasn't slightly tilted. Only I was slightly tilted... it took until around 2.30pm on Sunday to recover. I have no idea how many people I upset. I don't want to know. I do remember that the band was good though, when we finally made it to the pub.

Dinner wasn't going to be anything too taxing on the brain. There were chicken breasts in the fridge and some parmesan (there's always parmesan). So it had to be parmesan chicken. Simples.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
Easy Parmesan Chicken Recipe

Serves 3 or 4

Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 15 - 20 minutes

You will need
Cling film
A rolling pin or mallet
3 plates or bowls
A baking tray
Baking parchment

Ingredients
3 or 4 chicken breasts
2 heaped dessert spoons plain four
Seasoning
1 egg - beaten
60g fresh breadcrumbs
30g grated parmesan
1 tsp dried thyme

Method
Preheat oven to 180c/fan160c/gas 4

Line the baking tray with the kitchen parchment.

In bowl numero uno place the flour, a good pinch of salt and couple grinds of pepper.

Bowl number two gets the beaten egg.

Come in number three, your time is up... gets the bread crumbs, parmesan and thyme.

Place the chicken breasts on a firm surface between two sheets of cling film and flatten/tenderise with a rolling pin/mallet. Think happy thoughts.

Remove the chicken from the cling and dip each breast first into the seasoned flour, then the egg, then the parmesan, thyme and bread crumb mix, patting the bread crumbs firmly on without smushing them.


Place in a neat little row on the baking parchment. Pop in the oven and cook for the required time. My fan oven takes 15 minutes, but a conventional oven will take longer.

Parmesan Chicken Recipe

Serve with potatoes and veg of your choice. You can be chavtastic if you like, and have it with chips and baked beans. I was tempted.I settled for a HUMUNGOUS dollop of mayo instead. Après photo.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to read my recipes (and ramblings). I love it when you let me know what you think - so please leave a comment and I promise to take the time to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...