6 November 2012

* Thai Style Chicken Soup

As a relatively new food blogger, who realises that to entice people to come look at my food and recipes... that I have to be able to take a half decent photograph of my food ... I have something to confess... dun, dun, DUUUUUUUUNNNNNN...

...I'm not sure that I'm overly interested in food photography.

G.A.S.P!

OhMyGod I feel like I've just confessed to wearing the same pair of knickers two days in a row. Which I have NEVER done. Truly. Okay, maybe once after an "All Nighter" that lasted longer than just one night. I seem to remember a bus, a river and a lost shoe... LOTS of Vodka... but not whether or not I had a change of underwear with me.

Huhum... food photography... not my for... yadayada... I bought a book in hopes of divine inspiration. It's an incredibly good one. From Plate to Pixel by Helene Dujardin. It's crammed full of relevant information that is very, very helpful for the budding and keen food photographer. 

Which. Apparently. I am not. 

Yet.

I have a pretty basic point and shoot camera - a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS15 - and for the moment, it does the job.... however... I reckon if I drop it into one more bowl of pasta sauce (this happens ALOT) - I'll have to buy a new one.

A DSLR.

A Canon.


I imagine I might just get struck by divine inspiration then. Don't you?

Enjoy the soup recipe - it's a simple but tasty one... that I didn't drop the camera into. Honest.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
Serves 3 - 4

Prep time - 5 minutes
Cooking time - 20 - 25 minutes

You will need
A medium saucepan with lid

Ingredients
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove - finely chopped
350g chicken breast - chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp hot chilli powder
75g creamed coconut
900ml hot chicken stock
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
60g thread/fine egg noodles - broken into pieces
4 spring onions - finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
salt
ground black pepper
1 red chilli - sliced to garnish

Method
Heat the oil in the pan and cook the garlic for one minute. Do not allow to burn. Add the chicken and spices and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Crumble the creamed coconut into the hot stock and stir until dissolved. Pour it onto the chicken and add the lemon juice, peanut butter, and egg noodles.


Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, add the the spring onion and coriander, season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes.


Serve garnished with the sliced red chilli.


2 comments :

  1. I told you I'd be stalking...LOL

    I want a camera too (will have to wait until I get home to share which). It's not a DSLR but close; the pictures it takes are gorgeous especially if you have the right lense.

    Okay, enough stalking, gotta get back to work. Smooches sweetie, keep takin' those pictures (camera drops and all) - they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to read my recipes (and ramblings). I love it when you let me know what you think - so please leave a comment and I promise to take the time to reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...